Centrally located in downtown Corvallis, the Corvallis-Benton County Public Library is a vital and cherished community resource. Originally constructed in 1932 and designed by the renowned northwest architect Pietro Belluschi, the facility has been expanded and adapted several times since its initial construction to better serve the public.
This project will enclose an existing exterior patio space on the 2nd floor of an addition added in 1992. It will completely transforms this previously underutilized space into a welcoming new interior area that expands and improves the public programmatic offerings of the Library. The expansion will create several new much-needed spaces, including a multi-purpose classroom, a quiet reading room, and four study rooms, all with great views east toward downtown Corvallis and the Courthouse.